Sunday, September 29, 2013

Apple Picking



I feel that I'm on top of my fall activities because last weekend we went apple picking with my family. Apple picking is no cherry picking - you get your bucket full in no time. And I must admit that I might have picked just one apple, if any, because I was the photographer for the day. You see, I received my first early birthday gift - Nikon DSLR - and I can't let it go from my hands now! I'm still learning a lot but for now this camera is everything that I've been dreaming about! 

Before the start of each season I try to decide what kind of things I want to do, how I can best enjoy the season. Here's my list for fall:
- apple picking (check!)
- enjoy fall colors on a hike
- catch fall in the city with my new camera
- explore new parts of NYC
- see Waiting for Godot with Patrick Steward on Broadway
- dress up for high tea
- attend Metropolitan Opera's The Nose and Tosca
- make spicy butternut squash soup
- see Shakespeare's Sister at La Mama theater
- go for lots of morning runs and walks

How are you planning to enjoy fall?

Pictures by me and my sister Oksana

No comments:

Post a Comment