Saturday, June 8, 2013

Summer styled

I always try to wear as little as possible in the summer while still looking appropriate and stylish. I decided to show you three easy outfits for the season, and while putting them together all I was thinking about was hot and humid New York summer. If you've ever been to the Northeast in the summer then you know what humid heat is (this was the hardest adjustment for me compared to a relatively dry summer in Ukraine). So I use several small tricks to help me bear summer's heat, like wearing light breathable fabrics and comfortable shoes, avoiding dark colors and wide belts.

In the past couple of years I've acquired a new trick: a maxi dress (or skirt)! It's such a wonderful instant and easy outfit (No.3 below) that will keep you comfortable on those hottest days. And, of course, you can dress it up or down, accessorize it depending on the occasion. To find your perfect maxi dress for this summer I would suggest checking out Anthropologie and Piperlime - they have a great selection!

In regards to my other outfit suggestions: in No.1 I love the bright pencil skirt and a peplum top, and No.2 outfit - is really my go-to summer uniform: shorts (this season I'm all about white denim shorts) and a flowy silky blouse (you can make a more monochromatic outfit with a white blouse).



Outfit details:
No.1 -  Anthropologie peplum top, Peter Som for Anthropologie pencil skirt, Zara heeled sandals, J.crew clutch
No.2 - Anthropologie blouse, Anthropologie denim shorts, Kate Spade sandals from Piperlime
No.3 - Sanctuary maxi dress from Piperlime, Anthropologie sandals, J.crew clutch and panama hat

No comments:

Post a Comment