Friday, June 28, 2013

Cherry picking feels like childhood



This past weekend was amazing: packed with fun activities yet very relaxing. I went to visit my family outside Philadelphia, and it was so nice to get out of the city (sorry NYC!). But seriously, I love NYC and big city stuff although with each year I feel more and more the need to get away because I miss nature. And these feelings take me back to my childhood in a small town in Ukraine, where we could go to the forest, river, lake any moment. So this past weekend was good in the sense that I could re-live some of my childhood memories especially picking fresh berries in my parent's backyard and going cherry picking. Of course, cherry picking in Ukraine involved just climbing a cherry tree near your house and there you have cherries. Here we had to find a cherry farm (Rowand's farm in NJ), and drive there for one hour, and pay for the cherries that we picked. But still it was a wonderful time (and my dad was in heaven because he's just crazy about cherries), and I highly suggest cherry picking (or strawberry picking) as one of the great summer activities!


Outfit: J.crew denim shorts, old H&M tunic worn as top, J.crew swimsuit (similar top and bottom here - it's adorable!), J.crew panama hat

Photos are by me and Joe Villarin

No comments:

Post a Comment