Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sky is the Limit

new york city skyline, nyc skyline, empire state building, empire state of mind, east river, nyc, beautiful clouds
new york city, nyc, george washington bridge, gw bridge, hudson river, beautiful clouds

I remember as a child learning about different types of clouds from my science book. But I don't remember ever being as fascinated with the sky and clouds as much as I am now. I used to be surrounded by nature when I was growing up, and now sky is the biggest part of nature as I spend most of my days on the fourteenth floor of a research building with huge windows. Sky fascinates me immensely... Blue sky with big puffy white clouds just brightens up my day in an instant, while fast moving storm clouds exert mesmerizing powers. My beautiful view of the sky is my refuge during a long day in the laboratory. Whenever I need a moment to clear my head I just have to look outside.  
Recently, there have been so many messages coming my way. The universe is reminding me that I have to be happy in this very moment, I have to seize the opportunities, work hard, and be a carrier of kindness in this brutal world. And I'm so happy and lucky to be doing what I love: science, even though it doesn't always give positive results, is such a fascinating and satisfying process for my mind. This little blog has also brought so much joy, and I'm so motivated to develop it even more. Our life is like sky: it can be blue and sunny, or it can be dark and stormy, or it can be sown in stars. It's ever changing, and we can only observe it, not always control it. What we have to do is to stay true to ourselves regardless of the weather.
I think we grow to appreciate the sky more as we get older. We get to realize its vastness, its eternity, its changing nature. And we have to look up to it more often, and understand how lucky we are to be alive and well, how we should chose to be happy this moment, how many kind acts we can do, and how many opportunities are out there for us to seize. 
Sky is the limit...

new york city skyline, nyc skyline, washington heights, hudson heights, hudson river, nyc, beautiful clouds, dark clouds approaching
new york city skyline, nyc skyline, nyc downtown, empire state of mind, east river, nyc, beautiful clouds, world trade center, nyc photography
new york city skyline, nyc skyline, nyc dusk, empire state of mind, hudson river, nyc, ominous clouds, storm clouds at dusk, storm in nyc
new york city, nyc sky, empire state of mind, hudson river, nyc, beautiful clouds, sky near flatiron building
new york city sunset, nyc sunset, empire state of mind, hudson river, nyc, beautiful sunset, orange sunset, hudson river sunset
new york city sunset, nyc sunset, empire state of mind, hudson river, nyc, beautiful clouds, hudson river sunset, amazing clouds at sunset, rays of light at sunset in nyc

Photos are taken with iPhone 4S and Nikon D5200

No comments:

Post a Comment