Friday, July 12, 2013

Instagram challenge!



This past Monday I entered into the Instagram challenge: NO SHOPPING til September (#iwillnotshoptilseptember) created by one of my IG friends! You are probably wondering if I have a shopping problem? Well, I wouldn't say so but I admit that this past year I have been shopping too much. Combine that with my increased desire for better quality clothes and as a result it's not a good outcome for anybody (my bank account included).

Excited by this out of nowhere challenge (and I like challenge!), I decided to take it on, ditch shopping for the rest of the summer (seriously I have enough clothes to get me through) and enjoy my time by other means. In addition, I think it'll be exciting to go through my closet and pull out some forgotten pieces, which is essentially like shopping at home ;)  On the same note: I also mean to reorganize my closet, donate old clothes, and compose a shopping strategy for the future, which will incorporate few classic high quality pieces instead of multiple mediocre ones (I'll keep you updated on this).

Anyways, if #IwillNotShopTilSeptember challenge sounds fun to you - join in! Post your pictures and down forget the hashtag :) I promise you that the community behind this challenge is very supportive (in case you need to whine about that cute dress that you can't buy) ;) And follow me along on Instagram!

All pictures are from my Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Love it! such a great plan. looking forward to seeing what creative combinations of long-lost, forgotten clothes you pull together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! Instead of donating old clothes, consider selling back to 2nd hand shops, especially if they're nice clothes! It'll help replenish your bank account! PS, I LOVE your style.

    ReplyDelete